Car Rental Terms and Conditions
Basic Insurance (Included in Price)
- Collision Damage Weiver (C.D.W.) – Reduces the liability of the renter for damage to the car up to the amount of the excess,
a) For Car Groups A1, B1, Maximum Charge €500.
b) for car groups C, C2, G, maximum charge €700.
c) for car groups C1, D, D2, G2, maximum charge €800.
d) for car groups Ε, H, R, I2, maximum charge €1000.
e) for car groups F, I, I1, J, J1, J2, K, K1, K2, K3, S, S1, S2, S3, maximum charge €1500.
The excess is reserved for the period of rental by a credit card which must be issued in the name of the driver and will be fully refunded after the end of the rental period if no damage has occurred.
The Basic Insurance does not cover damage to the underside of the car, tires and crystal breakage.
- Full Collision Damage Weiver with No Excess (F.D.W.) – The renter can be FULLY exempt from the above-mentioned C.D.W. excess amount with an affordable premium per day,
a) for car groups A1, B1, C, G, daily premium cost €6.
b) for car groups C1, D, D2, G2, daily premium cost €7.
c) for car groups C2, E, G3, H, I2, J, R, S, daily premium cost €8.
d) for car groups F, I, I1, S1, S2, S3, J1, J2, J3, K, K1, K2, K3, daily premium cost €10.
With this package No Credit Card Need. We do not need to preauthorize any amount as warranty.
This Insurance COVERS damage to the underside of the car, tires, and crystal breakage. ( W.U.G. Insurance ).
Third-Party Insurance ( T.P.I. )
You are insured in the event of injury or destruction of third party property beyond the renter and the passengers.
Personal Αccident Ιnsurance ( P.A.I )
Personal Accident Insurance covers hospital treatment costs and, in general, all medical costs for both the driver and the occupants of the vehicle.
Car Theft Protection ( T.P. )
You are totally relieved of financial responsibility in the event of theft of the vehicle. Your personal belongings are not covered.
Fire Insurance covers the damage caused to the rental vehicle by fire, lightning strike or explosion.
No insurance Coverage
- When the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- After an accident, driver doesnt stop and doesnt take the necessary actions, such as informing our company, the Traffic Police (100), getting names and addresses of those involved in the accident, and not moving the car from the point where the accident took place before the representative of the insurance company or the Traffic Police arrives.
- When the renter uses the car for unfair and illegal purposes, for example. smuggling, theft, illegal transport of objects and goods.
- When the driver is not declared on the Rental Agreement.
- The driver uses the car for any kind of racing or competition.
- Damages caused to the vehicle because of off road driving (road without asphalt, beaches, mountains etc).
- The vehicle is used in violation of the traffic regulations (e.g. road signs, speed limits, road direction).
General Car Rental Policy
All drivers must have reached the age of 21 and hold a driving license for at least 12 months for car hire in categories A, B and C.
For rental cars in other categories, the driver must have completed 23 years of age and have a driving license for at least 24 months.
A valid National Driving License is required along with your ID.
For citizens outside the European Union, an International Driving License is required.
Calculation of Rental Costs
Rental costs are processed on a 24-hour basis plus a 2-hour period calculated from the return time of the vehicle.
After 2 hours, an additional day is charged.
Payment of the rental is done by cash or credit / debit card (no deposit required). In special cases, you may need to make a deposit to confirm your booking (you will be informed in advance by our booking department).
Change or Cancel Reservation
For any change or cancellation of the reservation, the customer should inform the appropriate booking department at least 24 hours before the start of the rental.
Model & Group of Car
The model of the car is indicative and only the car group is confirmed. In special cases of unavailability, we will offer you a larger group car at no extra charge.
Return of the Car before the end of the rental period
No part of the payment amount is refunded if the vehicle is returned earlier than the end of the rental period.
With the amount of fuel you will receive the car with the same amount you will have to return it. If the vehicle is returned with additional fuel, the value of the fuel is not refunded.
The use of the vehicle is ONLY for the island of Crete.
There is no limit to the mileage of each rental day.
Terms of Driving
- The driver must comply with the Greek Road Traffic Code.
- Driving cautiously and with caution and never under the influence of alcohol or drugs or poor psychological condition that will affect his driving.
- Driver MUST NOT use the car in off-road and beach driving. Damage caused to car underbody of gross negligence or malicious use is not covered by any insurance and charged the driver. Off-road driving is only allowed in 4×4 jeeps.
- In the event that a warning light on the car’s display lights up, contact us immediately to give you the correct instructions.
- Under no circumstances should someone else be allowed to drive the vehicle that is not registered in the rental contract and without informing the company.
Fines and Violations
Administrative Penalties resulting from traffic violations committed during the rental period of the car are charged to the renter in full and the company must be informed. If the fine is discovered afterwards and after the end of the lease, the offense will be charged to the renter.
In case of key loss, you must contact us immediately to provide you with spare keys. The cost of replacing the key is borne exclusively by the renter and is not covered by any insurance.
Optional Equipment & Services
You have the option to enter in the rental contract and 2nd driver completely free of charge. The 3rd driver is charged at € 2 / day.
Two types of child seats are available:
- Baby Seat – Suitable for babies up to 3 years with an extra charge of € 2 / day.
- Booster Seat – Suitable for children over 4 years with an extra charge of € 2 / day.
G.P.S. Satellite Navigation
We have modern GPS models with the latest map updates in English language for easy finding of your destinations. You save time and money (fuel value). Daily charge € 8.